Tuesday 21 April 2009

Three illustrated book jackets

Book jackets are one of the first things people think about when you mention that you are an illustrator which usually follow the question "Children"s Books?" but my stock answer is generally that i do adult illustration followed up by 'of course not 'adult' illustration but illustration for grown up people'. So i am going to post three book jackets in different stages of completion that i have been working on recently.
Firstly, a book for Penguin Books that I posted about earlier and I am showing the final draft of the cover with some sample type. Secondly, two books for my favourite publisher CICO Books on the theme of Green Wiccan, the first book 'The Green Wiccan Year Book' published in September 2008 , here I show the final cover design and the last cover is for a new book called 'The Green Wiccan Herbal' by Stilja. The design is without the type. This cover follows the design of the first book in the series.
Hopefully my one follower will enjoy these as well as all book worms out there.


No comments: